The first reward was the challenge of committing to participate and then meeting my commitment despite demanding work hours. This pushed me to take the time to review photos, take photos which meant enjoyable, revitalizing moments I would have otherwise missed.
The second reward came in learning to critique my photos without being too critical. It would have been easy to eliminate every photo I took for some fault or another (and at first I did), but after going through them again and again, it became easier to see what I liked and to worry less about what others would think.
The fourth reward came via email this morning with a note from Lynn in Jamestown, New York who received her first postcard which happened to be mine. What fun!
What will the next reward be? I can hardly wait for the next postcard to arrive.
KC - Great start on your blog! Love your writing - very thoughtful! I also love the lilac photo - Rochester, NY which is about 2 hours from here has an annual lilac festival!
ReplyDeletethis is going to be a really fun swap. glad to meet you via the net and adding your blog to my blog reader.
ReplyDeletehttp://stampmousephoto.blogspot.com/
I received this post card too! I love lilacs also and the picture on this is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteBTW, please as punch to meet a fellow "postcard swapper"! :)
Tracy