The final lesson in KatEye View Studio's Find Your Eye course was to review our Inspiration File and look for common theme(s). At first I thought my photos were all over the place and then the theme became so obvious I couldn't believe I missed it ... it's NATURAL.
First of course are pictures of natural things, flowers, animals, etc.
 |
| Oregon Gardens |
 |
| Oregon Gardens |
 |
| Carson |
 |
| African Goose at Starker Arts Park |
My favorite photos of people are natural shots; unposed, preferably unaware, caught in an expression or act that is natural to them.
 |
| Donald & Luann |
 |
| Bride dancing with her daughter |
 |
| great-nephew at a family barbeque |
My favorite photos of man-made objects are those that show their location/environment. I'm more likely to be inspired of a single building in a natural setting. If I'm in an urban environment, I'm more likely to be inspired by the natural elements than the buildings or architecture.
 |
| Historic building at Finley Wildlife Refuge |
 |
| bicycle planter at Oregon Gardens |
I am very drawn to photos of urban settings, buildings, architectural elements, patterns, posed and designed layouts in others' photography, but I am totally unmoved and have no eye for photgraphing these things myself. Good thing I can enjoy the inspiration of others in this area or I'd be missing out!
KC, your photos of the people here are so wonderful, truly "natural" and showing such joy and love! Kat's class was really fun and educational for me as well. Hope to see you in her next one!
ReplyDeleteKC - isn't funny how we can connect so easily with the subjects,themes and styles of others which are completely outside our own? I find this to be so true - I am completely in awe of photographers like yourself who capture the beauty of nature and people - two things which are generally outside my photographic repertoire.
ReplyDeleteYay! What a great discovery, isn't it so much fun? And you had so many great photo examples to support your words. I loved how this post flowed. It's a great thing to know as well - you can love others photography but that doesn't mean YOU have to photograph or specialize in those types of photography. Do what calls to you!
ReplyDeleteWasn't it fun the moment you realized the common factor in your photos!! I felt the same way. You did a great job recognizing it and sharing on your blog. Your images are so lovely and so "natural!"
ReplyDelete